Watertrough Hill on Bell's Line of Road was named after a Water Trough carved into the native rock beside the old road in 1894.
The original road skirted the southern slopes of Watertrough Hill. The route was moved when the highway was upgraded and the road now crosses to the north.
The original road to the south still exists as does the Water Trough.
Watertrough Hill provides an excellent example of the way the original road was built, complete with dry stone walls and rock surfaces.
Fresh cool water would have been a welcome relief for travellers and for their animals.
Central Blue Mountains (Dunphy)
Mt Wilson 8930-1N
Blue Mountains National Park (NSW)