Mitchell's Victoria Pass was built in 1832 and replaced Cox's Pass and Lawsons Long Alley.
Early motor vehicles could not cope with the steep grades on Mitchell's Victoria Pass. Berghofer's Pass was built in 1907 as an alternative route.
Victoria Pass was reopened in 1920 once motor vehicles had been built that could handle the steep grades.
Both routes were used until Berghofer's Pass was closed in 1934. Victoria pass remained the main route down off the mountains until Bells Line of Road was completed in 1942.
915 - 1025 metres