The dam on Bungleboori Creek was built during 1942 to augment the Lithgow water supply if the existing supply failed.
When completed the dam could hold approximately 43 megalitres of water.
It was thought the water could be pumped up over a ridge to the Farmers Creek Reservoir, 5 kilometres away.
A staging tank & footings for pumps & other equipment can be seen on the gazetted route of the pipeline, 150 metres up the hill & about 850 metres distant. There may be more relics along the route.
The old dam provides a peaceful haven for wildlife in the area.
Newnes State Forest (NSW)